Monday, September 23, 2013

Facing the Giants

Facing the Giants is one of my favorite movies that I love to watch. On yesterday evening, this movie was on UP and the c death crawl scene really makes me think about my role as a teacher in the classroom. I began thinking about situations in which I thought I could not do anything more to help my students. I wonder if any of you have ever had negative thoughts about your ability to teach your students. So, I am asking you have you written your students off? Better yet, have you written yourself off? Of course not, you have worked too hard and come too far to not believe in yourself or your students. Give your students your very best, don't quit on them, and don't quit on yourself. Keep teaching!!! When you think you can not teach another lesson, yes you can! Many times we think our students are not going to get it, but we have to believe in our ability to teach and our students' ability to learn. Through collaborations with others and dedication to our career we can make it to the end zone. Just listen to that little voice in your head or that special colleague who says, "You can do it! Don't quit!" This clip is really powerful and shows the power of one who can make a difference for many. You are an influential teacher! You are leader! You are an educator! Do what you do best...Keep Teaching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment